How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawry Your Own Question
Lawry, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 66
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Lawry is online now

Morning, The court has sent me a form to complete regarding

Customer Question

JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: The court has sent me a form to complete regarding an accelerated eviction notice, in the forms it states that I shld contact a lawyer immediately
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Bromley I'll be in a position to move in a month's time, pls advise on what to do, I'm a single parent with four children
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I'm 3 months late
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Lawry replied 17 days ago.


My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.

Expert:  Lawry replied 17 days ago.

Is the eviction notice a bailiff's appointment or an order to leave?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's a Claim form for possession of a property, Accelerated procedure
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can't afford the 44pound now, can we pls text for now, I'm really stressed, the children have been crying that we are about to be kicked out
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can we pls just text
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't get my benefit till friday
Expert:  Lawry replied 16 days ago.

So sorry to hear about your problem.

A claim form is for a court hearing. This is not an eviction date. No-one is kicking you just yet.

The accelerated procedure is done on paperwork so there is no actual court attendance but you can file a defence as shown on the form. You need to explain to the court your difficult situation and even if an order is made they will grant an extension of time so you will have longer to find somewhere else.

Due to the virus the government has said there will be no evictions until after 11 January 2021.

There is no immediate danger of eviction until you receive a bailiff's appointment which will be a few months from now.

Also you can go to a Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them to check the notice as if there is a deficiency on the Section 21 notice it could be thrown out by the court.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Lawry replied 16 days ago.