How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1679
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

My female neighbour has moved her boyfriend in next door. He

Customer Question

My female neighbour has moved her boyfriend in next door. He is very antisocial. I have spoken with the landlady
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Sorry I presto the wrong button - the landlady has confirmed that a) only Kate's name is ***** ***** rental agreement and b) she (the landlady) did not know about any boyfriend living there. Is any law being broken and if so by who?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: It is a two bedroom semi detached house (we have a party wall) in Abbeymead, Gloucester.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot/will not try and sort this myself as a) I am scared of the boyfriend and b) I never see Kate on her own.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Hi there,

Tenants are allowed to have guests, however, for a shorter period of time . They can not share the rented accommodation with the guests on a permanent basis.

So Landlord should be notified if the new guest is causing nuisance to you as well as other residents.

If the guest is indulging in any anti-social activities, behaving in an aggressively/intimidating manner , then it should be reported to the police.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks for this - the landlady has been notified; I don't know what if any steps she has taken. I informed her in February that he appears to be there on the property at least 90% of the time (to all intents as a partner but I am fairly sure they're not married). Is there a Community Charge aspect to this?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I apologise - I prest 'Send' b4 I realised I hadn't read about the £44 charge which I am not prepared to pay. Thanks for your help.
Stay safe.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 21 days ago.

Hi there,

An authorisation has been made for the phone call that's all. No payment would be taken if no one calls you.

You can cancel the call and authorisation charge by contacting Just Answer`s Customers team by clicking the below weblink-

or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/em>

Thank you.