Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

We bought a property last year, the parkibg they gave as is

Customer Question

We bought a property last year, the parkibg they gave as is so far where is un allocated parking just outside my garden.... i am asking the Bewley Development to please move as to the un allocated parking, since all the house with the same price of ours eighter 2 parking is on the front of the house or one in the front and one at the back.... and yet they are not doing something to the Council housing association who has more extra car using the visitors spaces.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: They told us to talk to the bewley and we dis all the request but they told us they cant do anything ... while the company who is assign for the maintemanve of the estate said if the Bewley will tell them to di that then they can do it.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Reading Gateway rg20DB
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They telling us that we know that that time our parking will be on that side, but they told us as well that we can negotiate transfer it on the parking next to our garden.... and they didnt inform us that the houses next to me is a Council. Do i have the right to ask then to transfer our parking? And also all the houses with the same price of mine their parking is not series, the oarkibg they give me is a series... they said they are loosing a soace for visitor, but my point is how come they are allowing the council housing to have more cars 3 extra cars, they are not seies and near to our place.... during that time when we are buying this the marketing know that, i was so busy looking after my husband who is undergoing treatment of his cancer and i have a little ine to look after as well.
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing.

When you bought the property your solicitor at the time should have made you aware that this is the situation with the parking and there will be no guarantee that it can or will be changed regardless of what they said. Any negotiations should have been done before purchasing. I appreciate you were going through a lot but under the circumstances unfortunately legally you have no right for the parking to be changed. You can of course ask them and keep requesting this but there is no guarantee this will be agreed.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Madhu