How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 810
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

I'm self employed and I want to buy my council property that

Customer Question

Hi I'm self employed and I want to buy my council property that I've lived in for 12 years. But I have bad credit and I don't have 2 years worth of books. What can I do?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 22 days ago.

Hi there,

Every council has an option to purchase the council house you reside in, this is known as a right to buy. You will need to contact your council and see if you qualify for this and if so, you can purchase the property at a discounted rate.

Re your bad credit, I would contact a mortgage broker / financial advisor to see what your options are in terms of lending. If possible, I would consider any options you may have in terms of getting a friend or family member loaning or gifting you any monies to help with a deposit.

I hope this helps and please do leave positive feedback. If I can assist with anything else, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi thank you very much for your advice. I will contact some brokers and see what they say.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 20 days ago.

No problem, best of luck!

Please do leave positive feedback when you have a moment.

Kind regards,