SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I'm self employed and I want to buy my council property that

Customer Question

Hi I'm self employed and I want to buy my council property that I've lived in for 12 years. But I have bad credit and I don't have 2 years worth of books. What can I do?
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 22 days ago.

Hi there,

Every council has an option to purchase the council house you reside in, this is known as a right to buy. You will need to contact your council and see if you qualify for this and if so, you can purchase the property at a discounted rate.

Re your bad credit, I would contact a mortgage broker / financial advisor to see what your options are in terms of lending. If possible, I would consider any options you may have in terms of getting a friend or family member loaning or gifting you any monies to help with a deposit.

I hope this helps and please do leave positive feedback. If I can assist with anything else, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi thank you very much for your advice. I will contact some brokers and see what they say.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 20 days ago.

No problem, best of luck!

Please do leave positive feedback when you have a moment.

Kind regards,