How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2402
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

L want to talk to someone regarding a life time mortgage, My

Customer Question

Good morning l want to talk to someone regarding a life time mortgage
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: My sister took one eight years ago and she was mislead (no proper explanation )and was forced to signed a 7.5% fixed interest rate. Now they are they are trying to con her into another deal to get some money off her plus a plus a £25,000 for early termination .
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want advice, don't know what to do
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 15 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for the information. If you feel that a product has been missed then you you can take a few different steps. Firstly, you can complain to the mortgage lender themselves. If you feel this does not work then you can escalate the complaint up to the financial ombudsman. However if you feel that this is not helpful then you can make a legal claim for what is referred to as fraudulent misrepresentation of a contract. However in order do that you would want to look at instructing a solicitor.

I will provide you with a helpful link which will allow your to find a solicitor near you local area who will be able to assist you with this matter.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is; (Scotland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.