How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2430
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

We entered into a JCT design and build contract with 3 of

Customer Question

We entered into a JCT design and build contract with 3 of our neighbours for a roof conversion. The same contractor applied the design that was agreed on the 3 houses and then did something completely different to ours. We are asking them to remedy this as all 4 houses should look the same according to the spec and the reason we agreed to a joint contract. They are refusing to remedy this and using the design and build contract as a reason for their refusal. Is there anything we can do?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 19 days ago.

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the question. The simple answer is yes. If they have offered to do something they have not then this would be a simple case of breach of contract. With that being the case then the onus would be on them to remedy the situation and the cost must be theirs to bare. What you will want to do is write to them and state this, if they still do not take any action to remedy the situation then you will wan to contact a lawyer to raise an issue in court.

I will provide you with a helpful link which will allow your to find a solicitor near you local area who will be able to assist you with this matter.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is; (Scotland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.