james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Tere, I have a question with regarding to my property. I

Customer Question

hello tere
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Hi Pearl, I have a question with regarding to my property. I have two separate tenancy agreement in place. does that classify my property as HMO?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Sheffield
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Are you renting separate flats, apartments, or just single bedrooms where they them share a bathroom, lounge, kitchen etc?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi James, the flat is rented out to two unrelated people with two separate tenancy agreement

OK, that would not be a HMO.

A HMO property is where 3 or more different unrelated people live and a HMO licence is required where there are 5 or more people. Some councils have different rules as well, but if you do not live there then not a HMO.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
am I correct saying even I have two separate tenancy agreement, this should not be classified as HMO then

That is correct.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.