james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My gran passed away in December 2019 I was the only

Hi my gran passed away in December 2019 I was the only beneficiary on her will she asked me to be the executer her son (my father) got half the movable assets but now wants more money from the sale of the property after me giving him £10000.He is now saying I was using her bank card without permission which is not true although I did use her card it was with her permission.How can I prove I used her card with her consent if she is no longer here to say I had her permission.Thanks

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Being able to prove that you used her card with permission is going too be almost imposable. Did you have written consent to do so?

Did you keep receipts for any transactions you made when using the card?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry for the late reply James it was only verbal permission I had from my Gran it never happened alot and she was either next to me or waiting in the car I'm sure its just bitterness from my Dad sorry for wasting your time.Thanks

Then as she was always with you, it would be treated that she was there and authorising the transactions. Your father would have any burden on his to show any different.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.