Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

She has spoken to another solicitor who said that the amount

She has spoken to another solicitor who said that the amount she is entitled to would be the minimum she would receive would be her share in the properties as a minimum could she request more? She has just said again that she gave up work to look after our daughter and as such should be entitled to more.

Thanks for your question. Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

It does appear that she finds a new solicitor to speak to every day to threaten you with her possible/ theoretical claims.

It does beg the question as to why she has to seek advice from so many sources if her case is so strong.

You are aware of my views on this.

I do believe that this is fanciful - the law does not treat married and unmarried couples the same way and claims for more of the jointly held assets on this basis don't have a basis in law, unless you are married.

I hope that this assists.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter