Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

My question is about my mortgage, No this is a preliminary

My question is about my mortgage
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No this is a preliminary enquiry
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Derbyshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have a mortgage with my ex fiance. I made some enquiries a couple of months ago to have him written out of the mortgage, so having paperwork stating he is not entitled to any value of the property when it sells and that he is not responsible for it now, and I was going to pay him a lump sum. So while his name 'officially' is still on the documents, he isn't responsible for the house and gets no money for the sale. Similar to buying him out, but unofficially

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
okay

Hi there,

Unmarried spouse can only make claim on the house ,will depend on the factors whether if they are a joint owner, or whether if the other partner have contributed towards the purchase, mortgage or repair of the household.

So, your partner can only claim against the house if-

he has paid mortgage

Paid any deposit

made any payments towards house improvement.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thats not really what I asked
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I asked if he can be written out with a document. we are both on good terms and this is what we would like to do

you can have a formal agreement with your partner , regarding the equity /or sale proceed of that house.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can get that written by a solicitor?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we both sign it and thats that?

Yes, a solicitor can draft and witness your deed of trust , which will be signed by both of you ,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what is the cost of this?

The cost can vary from solicitor to solicitor , for that you would have to approach them.

you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.