How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2749
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I own a lock-up garage which I rent out. For tax reasons I

This answer was rated:

I own a lock-up garage which I rent out. For tax reasons I would like to transfer its ownership to my wife
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No. But I have the Land Registry Title papers
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Angel Road Thames Ditton Surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Please estimate cost

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The transfer is not a service that can be made here, this is advice only.

However, the cost would depend on whether you use a conveyancing solicitor to carry out the transfer for you or whether you complete and submit the paperwork yourself.

If you wish to do this yourself, there are 3 forms to complete. TR1, AP1 and ID1. The last would need to have your identity confirmed by a lawyer etc. Many law firms charge between £75-£125 to check the ID.

The other charge involved whole due the Land Registry fee, this is based on the value of the property being transferred. Less than £100k =£40, £100k-£200k = £60, £200k-£500k = £80

The forms and guidance can be reached using the above link.

james bruce and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you ,very helfpul. I will do it myself by downloading the forms

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.