Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We own a commercial property with separate residential

Hello, we own a commercial property with separate residential accommodation. We as landlord have given the lease to a tenant of the commercial property including the residential part. The leaseholder sublets the residential accommodation on shorthold tenancies. The residential accommmodation is not in a live-able condition. Council has been unable to re-house the subtenant. Are the council allowed to carry out improvement works to the property without landlord consent and then charge the landlord the fees
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No steps have been taken against the council, we have only just found out that they are carrying out improvement works
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: the property is in Harlow
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

May I confirm that the lease you have granted to your tenant is a fully repairing lease please?

Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
we have granted our tenant a fully repairing lease

Many thanks. I will try to reach you now...

I'm afraid I've been unable to reach you- there is a message on your phone advising that you are unable to presently accept calls. Do you have another number I can contact you on?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Many thanks.