Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can I appeal a Court order if a local authority went to the

Can I appeal a Court order if a local authority went to the court to get a judgement to recover a housin repairs penalty without informing me that I was being taken to court.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Essex but the property in question is in Yorkshire Bradford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have carried out the repair works and now in a position to appeal to 2nd tier property Tribunal in Manchester
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sent photo evidence of the repair to to the local authority as requested but seems to be taken no interest. They just wanted the penalty settled

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Yes, you can apply to set aside using form n244:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n244-application-notice

The Court will set it down for hearing and decide whether or not to rehear the matter.

Or you can appeal by using form N161:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n161-appellants-notice-all-appeals-except-small-claims-track-appeals-and-appeals-to-the-family-division-of-the-high-court

The Court will then decide whether to give you permission to appeal.

But at this stage I would apply to set aside the order made.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on 15 December 2020, A proper officer sitting at the County Court consider the application made by the applicant - the Council. Am I within time scale to appeal?

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.