John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I live in Hemel Hempstead, Dacorum Borough Council have

Customer Question

I live in Hemel Hempstead, Dacorum Borough Council have submitted plans to demolish garages locally and replace with houses. The plans are dangerous, not allowing enough space for existing residents cars etc and certainly not enough for the proposed new builds. I believe the only way the Council will listen is to get legal advice concerning the proposed developments and possibly have legal representation when needed. I would be grateful if you can overlook the proposed developments and offer any other advice that may be needed. I believe the planning meeting is at the end of this month, so aplologize for short notice.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire, England, hp3 9nq. I haven't talked to any lawyer about this.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just talked with other concerned residents and contacted Dacorum Borough Council stating our concern at the lack of appropriate planning.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will it cost please?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Thank you, ***** ***** are you based in please?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. Your query is beyond the scope of this site as we cannot act for you but I would suggest you contact a law firm on the law society website which can be located here https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Alternatively, for free legal representation you can contact one of the below organisations:

We are Advocate

https://weareadvocate.org.uk/

They match members of the public who need free legal help with barristers who are willing to donate their time and expertise in deserving cases for those who are unable to obtain legal aid and cannot afford to pay.

Law works

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/

LawWorks is a charity working in England and Wales to connect volunteer lawyers with people in need of legal advice, who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to pay and with the not-for-profit organisations that support them.

Law Centres Network

https://www.lawcentres.org.uk/

Law Centres deliver advice through lawyers and qualified caseworkers and defend the rights of people who cannot afford a lawyer.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 10 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John