NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I'm trying to fill out the CN1 form to the HM Land registry

I'm trying to fill out the CN1 form to the HM Land registry to cancel interim charge, to try a blind shot, just in case if cancellation can happen meanwhile lenders talk to each other.
I found out that I will need help in filling this form out. Is this anything that you mayassist?
Darius
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Please provide details of what you wish to do
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There is interim charge in the title deeds on property created by lender a in 2008 that was unsecured loan. Other company b bought loan portfolio in 2013. Interim charge still remains under lender a name. It seems there was no communication between the companies and if possible to achieve cancellation of the charge, I'm trying to use that to my advantage, ask HM land registry to remove the charge. I have a letter from the company b, saying that they are owners of the loan.
Can I get cancelled charge if I apply to do it,?
If 12 years have lapsed then the lender can no longer pursue the debt.You mention there is an interim charge. Was the charge not made final at the time?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm not sure if it was charge made final. How to find it out, please? Do you know if unsecured loan is sold with attached interim ch , is this Ch is transferred to the new loan owner? If so, possiblity I can't do anything, but if this not transferable, then I can ask HM Land registry to remove the name of Lender A . If Ch can be removed , I need your assistance in filling out the CN1 form
Please advise
If its registered at the land register then its simply a registered legal charge.If its registered charge then it is no longer unsecured loan.Loans can be sold onto another company.
Cn1 form only cancels a notice. It does not cancel a registered legal charge.