How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19185
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My Tenancy lease provides for allocated parking, but this

This answer was rated:

My Tenancy lease provides for allocated parking, but this has been denied on the grounds that other Tenants have no parking rights. How do I proceed?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes, I have written to the Leasing Agent & Landlord.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: WA10 3AL, St Helens
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I want to force my issue.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If this is included in your lease and therefore it is a term of the contract.

As such you can sue for breach of contract.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim in which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

However, I don't think you would get more than £25,000 in damages.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I want an allocated Parking space - I don't need money, I need a parking space

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.