Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

This is probably an odd question! I am building a website

This is probably an odd question!
I am building a website for landlords. One of the feature I would like to provide for free is for landlords to answer some questions online and a tenancy agreement will be
automatically generated based on their answers.
The user will be able to further customise the pdf if needed and then I will get the landlord and tenants to electronically sign the tenancy agreement.
There are a lot of free tenancy agreement online or available for a few pounds.
I imagine I can't use the document as I please due to copyright laws.
As a lawyer, where do you source your tenancy agreement? I don't think that each lawyer writes his own tenancy agreement from scratch.
Is there a source of legal document that can be used to get templates that can be freely used / adapted?
There is a document on the gov website but it is a lot longer than most of the templates I could see online so I am not keen to use it.Where can I get a tenancy agreement (AST) that the users on my website can freely use (and customise)?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Generally, we use templates that have been in existence for some time and adapted.

They will have standard clauses in which are then tailored to what the client wants.

Its very rare that one is written from scratch, especially an AST

But there are many examples, for example at the Post Office, www.simply-docs.co.uk

They all have similar clauses, you can use this as a format, just change the words

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.