james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

The solicitor in question is not acting on behalf of my

The solicitor in question is not acting on behalf of my husband and myself but I feel he is incompetent. He is ignoring requests from our estate agent and others in the chain that are requiring updates on whether he’s logged a request to the land registry
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: from the beginning. We sold our property in th UK almost 5 months ago. In November a person in the chain pulled out. But very soon someone came back in. We then had completion date of 4the December 2020 which didn’t happen. That was no problem really. We then had completion date of 11th February 2121. On that morning the solicitor in question found that the house his client was purchasing didn’t show that they would own the garage with the property. Then around the 16th February he noted the garage had not been registered with land registry for the previous owners, so he had to register this with land registry. He is ignoring requests from estate agents asking if he has logged this query with land registry. I don’t believe this is good practise we should at least be given some timescale and although I don’t know how solicitors work I would presume a lot of this could have been picked up previously.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I haven’t. My gripe really is that we moved permanently to Spain and rented a property for 3 months until we found a property we were suited to. Our rental agreement expires in Mid March so we now have to find another rental property which is through no fault of our own as far as I believe. Surely after all this time it is wrong of this solicitor to ignore requests from estate agents on behalf of there clients requiring updates
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The solicitor should not be ignoring requests for information from those involved in the process, that is unprofessional.

You can lode a formal complaint with the head of the law firm. You can also lodge a complaint with the legal ombudsman. https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk