How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

We are a very nice family with 2 children!Since we moved in

This answer was rated:

Hi there!We are a very nice family with 2 children!Since we moved in this flat on 22/12/2019 our problems started!The landlord told us that will change the carpet ,redecorate the garden and many things!He didn’t do anything!We supposed to move on 11/12/2019 but we couldn’t because the flat was so damaged!He paint the house and let it in a deplorable condition!Me and my husband spent 9 hours to clean the house!When we rented the flat was with park now the landlord want to pay the park!I told him that I will take money from the rent for park!He told us if we will not pay the full rent he will move us from the house In street!!I don’t know what to do!I have my 14 months daughter and my 7 year old son and I m so scared that we will end on the street’Can you tell me what I need to do! Thank you very much
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Bournemouth Dorset
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ! Thank you


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24

hours. If parking was part of the contractual agreement then the landlord ought to honour such agreement failing to honour arguably amounts to a breach of contract.

With regards ***** ***** landlord's threat please note if the landlord attempted to carry out the eviction please file a complaint with the local council because this will be deemed an illegal eviction. Eviction can only be undertaken by an enforcement officer and the court have put a hold on eviction at the moment.

All in all I recommend this is one to contact your local council as they can step in to resolve the breach of contract and the eviction threat position.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much!

Your welcome and have a good day.

Anthony Chendo and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you