james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am trying to sell my property. my solicitors have sent me

i am trying to sell my property. my solicitors have sent me questions from the buyer's solicitors, to answer. one question is about looking into the covenants contained within the title, & if they have been breached during my ownership. I also have a side extension & a conservatory built by the previous owner almost 37 years ago but has no consent now used as my family dwelling. I am told an indemnity insurance has to be taken out. advise is needed on how to go about obtaining one.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes this would be standard practice to protect you. Your conveyancing solicitor can arrange for this for you.

Or you can arrange this yourself, there are many companies who insure this. I have attached one for you to look at.https://www.lawsureinsurance.co.uk/our-products/title-protection/restrictive-covenant/