How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3712
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I am trying to sell my property. my solicitors have sent me

This answer was rated:

i am trying to sell my property. my solicitors have sent me questions from the buyer's solicitors, to answer. one question is about looking into the covenants contained within the title, & if they have been breached during my ownership. I also have a side extension & a conservatory built by the previous owner almost 37 years ago but has no consent now used as my family dwelling. I am told an indemnity insurance has to be taken out. advise is needed on how to go about obtaining one.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes this would be standard practice to protect you. Your conveyancing solicitor can arrange for this for you.

Or you can arrange this yourself, there are many companies who insure this. I have attached one for you to look at.

james bruce and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you