Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I need to know if I own the land at the back of my house

Customer Question

I need to know if I own the land at the back of my house coloured blue on my deeds please
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: None
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer:*****Portsmouth back of property i have driving rights and walking rights
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Do you have a copy of your deeds you are able to upload please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have original from 1936
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

thank you. Do you have a copy of your actual title? If not it can be obtained for 3 pounds from the following link:

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms in order to be certain of the position, I would need sight of your title file with the land registry and copy of the file plan. If you do not have these, you can obtain a copy from the following link for 3 pounds each (£6 altogether):

notwithstanding the above, if the above document comprises your title as it stands today, it appears that would own both the land coloured pink and the land coloured blue but as above, I would heavily caveat this that I would need to see the above title to be certain of the position as the above document is not definitive or at least may not be definitive

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me