UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I live in a block of flats that the company has decided to

Customer Question

I live in a block of flats that the company has decided to sell, there are 5 flats in the building, we have all been given 6 months notice, however the company have give 24 hour notice for photographers to come in and take pictures and do virtual video, during lockdown this seems unfair, one of the tenants has 2 children of which 2 is disabled and the other a baby, we have all been stressed out about this and not happy that they seem to think to invade our privacy rights with 3 people walking around our flats, the next step will be people wanting to view.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Is this allowed and what are my rights
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Stratford, London E15
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: everyone has paid their rent so no arrears issues
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this.

However, the good news is that tenants cannot be evicted without a court order granting the owner/landlord possession of the property. So none of you need to leave simply because you have been served with an eviction notice. If the flats are sold, the new owner would be tied to your tenancy.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is not eviction we are worried about, it our privacy being abused, at the moment I have 3 people in my small flat taking pictures and measurements, and also a Director for the company. is this allowed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I am not happy to pay £44 email is fine DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OTHER THAN £5.00 AGREED
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I not get the same service if I choose emails

We do not need to have a call, please do not worry about that.

You may refuse entry to all these people, no-one can force their way into your property without your consent as it is a breach of your right to peaceful use and enjoyment of your property as a tenant.

May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

I hope my response was helpful.

All the best