How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2498
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I'm having problems getting replacements that need doing in

Customer Question

I'm having problems getting replacements that need doing in the rented property
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: They are saying they want to repair again and they need replacing now. I have written to them and had responses
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Kings norton
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes neighbours have had theirs done and this morning they've started on my next door neighbour
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate on the issue ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
In terms of my windows the are wood and rotting. They have replaced a couple of windows on neighbours properties and deny the properties are theres
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Could you please confirm who has replaced windows on neighbour properties?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My kitchen cupboards need replacing they said they want to repair them patchwork. And review 2028. My neighbours had theirs done 5 years ago I didn't. Recently they have done the kitchen of 2 neighbours and today they are doing my next door neighbour. Why are they not doing mine why have I got to have repairs
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The housing replaced the windows and they done the Grove opposite
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

is it a social housing?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
housing association
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Have you made a formal complaint to the housing association, that your windows needs replacing as well?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They are reviewing my kitchen 2028 yet next door moved in not 2 years ago and it was brought upto scratch then. Before that also
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Right, thank you for your reply. I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I made a formal complaint they done an internal investigation came back and told me exactly what I complained about. I wrote to the manager, the managers manager and their manager. I have the responses
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Right, if you have made a formal complaint and not happy with the resolution, then you can escalate your compliant to the Housing Ombudsman. Complaint to the housing ombudsman can be done online using the below weblink-

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks....then what
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

You can also contact your Local councillor, and MP or tenant panel

You can contact a local councillor, MP or your council or housing association’s tenant panel.

You need to tell them:

  • why you made your original complaint

  • why you’re unhappy with your landlord’s response

  • what you want the landlord to do to put things right

They can try to resolve the situation for you. Ask them to inform you of any action they are taking and when the dispute may be resolved.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If the housing ombudsman thinks you have been unfairly ignored for the windows replacements , then it can ask the housing association to replace your windows too.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok.....before you go will you send me the above information
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

This answer will get saved here on Just Answer website and you can access it anytime by logging into your account/your answers.

Thank you. Best wishes.