How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 589
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

I need to speak with someone about joint property ownership

Customer Question

I need to speak with someone about joint property ownership which I want to end in some way? I would prefer face to face rather this pho e?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nothing it’s a very very complicated situation which I need to go through with someone to establish what I can do?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: please no more questions I really am at my wits end abd need to out the whole story to someone face to face?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I will tell them all when I speak to someone..?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: please can I just speak with someone and no more question..thanks
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon

We will be pleased to help but we need to know the specifics of the matter before confirming which expert can pick this up for you.

Feel free to type your circumstances to continue the service by email.

Should you wish to have a telephone conversation a premium service can be offered to you.

Kind regards

Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 11 days ago.

Good morning

As i have not heard from you i will provide generic advice.

You would need to sever the joint tenancy at the land registry. You can find the SEV form on the Gov website. No consent is required, purely notification of the change needs to be served on the other person.

Kind regards