Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have been working on and renting a property adjacent to my

Customer Question

Hello, I have been working on and renting a property adjacent to my land for over 25 years. I had applied to the land registry and filled in an ADV1 form with all the proven documents the HM land Registry required, but it seems I've made a mistake somewhere along the line. Is this something you are able to submit to the HM land registry, if so at what cost? Sincere Regards
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes all relevent documents were accepted by the HM land registry it's only the ADV1 form was not filled in correctly .
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: BARRY, Vale Of Glamorgan South WAles
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, but a neighbour who has recently purchased an adjoining property [2 years ago] has put a title deed on the property I've been occupying for over 25 years. I have contacted the HM land, and assured me not to worry as when my application is put right the the land title shall be transferred.
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

1. do you have the document available to upload please?
  2. has the land registry raised a specific requisition on the document or they just vaguely told you it is incorrectly completed?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can upload at anytime . They have just vaguely told me I’ve made a mistake, but stated they cannot advise
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

if you would like to upload the document, I will be pleased to review it to see if I can identify any errors

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry but I’m enquiring else where’s because I’m getting nowhere fast . Thank you
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

thank you. You will appreciate it is difficult for me to comment on the document I have not seen. If you would like to upload a copy of the document you have completed I will be pleased to review it for you and identify any areas I can see. I'm not certain if you prefer not to upload the document which is perfectly understandable or we are at cross purposes point. To be clear, if you would like me to review it and wish to upload it, you can upload a document using the "add file" button at the bottom of the screen or if using a mobile device, this is usually found as a little small blue icon in the text box where you type.

If you prefer not to upload the document, I can refer you to the land registry's practice guide which may enable you to check the document yourself of this is your preference - where most people go wrong with this form is ensuring that you check the appropriate boxes to satisfy the necessary statutory conditions for adverse possession:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/adverse-possession-of-registered-land/practice-guide-4-adverse-possession-of-registered-land

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you Joshua, I shall send you the details on what Ive done. Thanks
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

please do. I shall wait to hear from you further