How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo W Your Own Question
Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Expert in property law including landlord and tenant
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jo W is online now

I need to get a new copy of the lease for Rhos Gwyn

Customer Question

I need to get a new copy of the lease for Rhos Gwyn Management Ltd.,***** Old Colwyn, Conwy LL29 9AE the lease is between Uwch-Y-Don Housing Society Ltd., and Rhos Gwyn Manangement Ltd.,
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing other than rang the original solicitors who drew up the lease, but they do not have a copy as it is going back to 1990
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Wales. LL29 9AE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jo W replied 14 days ago.

HI.  You have done the right thing.  The net point of call is the Land Registry  - they may be holding a copy of the lease as all leases of a certain age require registration.  They are a very user friendly organisation and for a relatively low fee they may be able to supply a copy of the land title and lease.  I can't promise anything  but recommend a try.  I trust that this has been helpful, do let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.