Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in property law including landlord and tenant
112062897

I need to get a new copy of the lease for Rhos Gwyn

Customer Question

I need to get a new copy of the lease for Rhos Gwyn Management Ltd.,***** Old Colwyn, Conwy LL29 9AE the lease is between Uwch-Y-Don Housing Society Ltd., and Rhos Gwyn Manangement Ltd.,
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing other than rang the original solicitors who drew up the lease, but they do not have a copy as it is going back to 1990
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Wales. LL29 9AE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Expert:  Jo W replied 14 days ago.

HI.  You have done the right thing.  The net point of call is the Land Registry  - they may be holding a copy of the lease as all leases of a certain age require registration.  They are a very user friendly organisation and for a relatively low fee they may be able to supply a copy of the land title and lease.  I can't promise anything  but recommend a try.  I trust that this has been helpful, do let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

https://www.land-search-online.co.uk/land-registry/?i=land-registry-search&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1a6EBhC0ARIsAOiTkrF5rXUmXL0YPCtjJpVSQ73O-3X1wlMy8rZIU8zV_4eAY8ABdhlQ97YaAuKGEALw_wcB