How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 977
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I would like to remove myself from owning 25% of my mums

Customer Question

I would like to remove myself from owning 25% of my mums house. How would I do this
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Norfolk uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothings
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My mum wants my daughter to stay in her property rent free for as long as she likes. She was in the process of getting a trust done but has now been told as I own 25% she can’t do this. If I release back to her my 25% she could complete her wish
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Good evening thank you for your question. You have the option to also join in the Trust so that you and your mother put 75% and 25% on trust for your daughter. Does your mother live in the house, or is it in a Will?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She lives in the house
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** it a lifetime trust and why is it necessary?

Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, do you need any further assistance?

Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

Please contact me again if you need further assistance.