SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a litigation question about my horse field,

I have a litigation question about my horse field
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Berkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My horse field is rented on a cash monthly payment. I thought I was working with the owner but they have sub let to me. They aren’t allowed abs it’s a breach of their contract so the land owner has served 30 days notice. The landowner has sent me a contract to take over the field on 31 May 2021. However, the existing verbal agreement lady has now declared I need to move everything within 24 hours including my horses
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to know where I stand and how to reply to her request

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I  a solicitor and have reviewed your question. I am not sure if you have moved already or taking other action. Your landlady has to give you reasonable notice of your contract does not state notice period for termination. That she could not sublet is her own breach to deal with the landowner separately. You entered into the contract in good faith and therefore cannot be forced out without any notice. If the landowner will give you a fresh contract then there is no need to leave. Your landlady will have to account to the landowner for all the rentals you have paid. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question. I am glad always to help. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much. Unfortunately the 24 hour period passed at 1:24pm on Saturday 1 May so I had to leave. My horses are in temporary accommodation. We had to break down all the buildings in order to get out within the timeframe. I’m disappointed the landowner wasn’t more supportive but said she can give you the notice she seems fit as it was still her field for 1 month. I’ve decided to move on as they were being intimidating and making threats. Thank you for your response. It makes me feel better to know I wasn’t in here wrong here. Even though they won’t admit any responsibilities on their part. All the best, Tracy