How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5223
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

In 2015 my neighbour did extensive renovation, cracks

Customer Question

In 2015 my neighbour did extensive renovation, cracks appeared on my side of property and they filled it in but they have appeared but much worse. I gave bn goghtingcever since My insurance won’t deal with the problem although they were aware of it. My solicitor were unable to get the neighbour to cooperate. I am at the end of my tether. Snd has taken yoke of my health I spoke to your department sometime ago and they did suggested to try my insurers
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: my solicitors snd Surveyors reports
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: The neighbour said they would repair but decided not to as they feel the crack would return.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The neighbour did not give my party wall notice damages also included building extension on my boundary but this was now removed. I can’t really afford to keep paying out and not getting any results
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I’ll wait
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and happy to respond to your question.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

I am very sorry for your situation but you are leaving it too late to take action. Limitation is 6 years in a claim if this nature therefore I hope it happened after April 2015 for you to be able to take action now. Your insurer will not want to get involved now because of the time lapse. If it is clear the damage is from the works they did and you have evidence they tried to repair before then do not delay it, send them a letter before action giving them 14 days to get the work done or to pay you damages in order for you Io engage a contractor to do the work. If they ignore you just issue your claim in the county court. If the value is below £10000 you can file it online on moneyclaimsonline website. If above this threshold you will need to complete claim form N1, attach your particulars of claim and your evidence and send to the county court money claims centre. I would direct you to also download form EX 50 which tells you of the issue fees for filing the claim in court. Check on page 5 of the form. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question I am glad to help. All the best,