SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

House fire in pub next to us no insurance, Wawrickshire,

Customer Question

House fire in pub next to us no insurance
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wawrickshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Have asked about the pub owners of business insurance
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The pup owners have been in contact today asking for date and times of when we had a Chat face to face after the incident and I don't know why
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also landlord dispute we live above a commercial building and have put in numerous complaints about lose floor tiles on top of our property and blocked fire exits since 2018 but nothing was done on the day of the fire we fell over loose floor tiles and our fire exit was partially blocked with sue ryder donations
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
continue
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How long
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

If there has been damage to the building as a result of the fire from neighbour property your landlord should be pursuing them for compensation. If they did not have insurance then it’s for them to meet the cost personally. Your landlord has responsibility to ensure your rented property is not in disrepair and if it’s a health and safety issue you must report to the council. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, I am glad to clarify. All the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK so what about the fact we have complained about fire exits being blocked and disrepair and have evidence for this before and on the daycof the fire would we have a case in law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, if you have suffered any loss that you can quantify you can claim from your landlord, whether they look to their neighbour or their insurer for indemnity cover would be irrelevant to your claim.