Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I’ve just sign a rent contract for a house, and they

Customer Question

Hi , I’ve just sign a rent contract for a house , and they advertise as parking space and now that I ask the landlord where is the key he say they lost and can just get a permit residencial , witch is not what I agree, I accept the price of the flat went up because of parking space and now is not , so can I get my deposit back and cancel the deal ?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to your landlord about your concerns?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ve spoke to him when I ask about the parking space , and then is when he say that he lost the key and could do residencial parking witch is not what we agree on the price
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also the agency say they would change carpet and paint what I ask and that hasn’t been done neither , so I’m not happy with it at all , and want to cancel
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. If there has been a breach of contract, as it appears above, you should be able to end the contract. I would advise that you write them a letter setting out your case and what you want from them. You should also state that you intend to move and when due to breach of contract. You should attached the contract as evidence. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
writing a letter to the agency , or go there and speak to them ?

Hi, thank you for your message. I would advise that you write them. Best wishes