How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4338
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

How will I able to get my surplus amount of money from the

Customer Question

How will I able to get my surplus amount of money from the sale of my property after repossession?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: How will I be able to get my own share of a property that was repossessed and sold off by the bank?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes, but they could not help. I think they want upfront payment which I was not able to meet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't really know. But, if you want to know my circumstances, yes.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. If there is any equity left following the sale of your property and the discharge of any of the costs and fees of repaying the mortgage and repossession, then the bank will transfer the money to your solicitor (if you have one), and if not, will arrange with you to transfer the money to you.

You will need to find out what the property sold for, what the fees and charges you had to pay are, and what the redemption figure was for your mortgage to work out what, if anything, was left.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks SASH Law. The steps I took so far was to contact the sellers Bairstow Eves who are no more available. The solicitors of the Leeds Bank were also unable to help me. They only said that the surplus was in COURT FUNDS. I do not understand all these. Please help.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Contact the court that dealt with the possession proceedings.