How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2715
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I have mold in my house, it s a rental apartment. my

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have mold in my house, it s a rental apartment. my landlord bought a simple mold remover and sprayed it after he said he will get a paint and come back to do the work however we went in to lockdown and since dec i havent seen him. but what happend is the other night the ceiling of our bedroom had damp we didnt know and all of a sudden we have a whole in the ceiling now and some dark stuff came out what is my right? i have 2 small children and being in this property i developed health issues also
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: the property is good tho, before we came here he renovated it but in a cheap way, he repainted but due to the whole of the ceiling this is really some thign that was going on for long time but he ignored it. we live here in may for 2 yrs now
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: he is nice guy and helps when we need anything eventhough we hardly call him only for the time for the mold and one time for plumbing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i want to know my right and how we can solve this tho, cause we thing that the mold is the roof and we also have mouses running around in the roof we hear them
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 9 days ago.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

From the circumstances described, the law states that the landlords must ensure the property is in good repair and habitable. If they do not, they could face prosecution by the local council and can be fined.

I would therefore notify the landlord if he does not undertake the necessary steps to rectify this issue you would contact your local council (the housing department) to report the matter as they can step in resolve the issue or force the landlord to rectify the issue at no costs to you.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe