ChrisB4147
ChrisB4147,
Experience:  Expert
112350272

I am trying to access lease details by following the link:

Hello,I am trying to access lease details by following the link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/official-copies-of-documents-registration-oc2
They are asking for the OC2 form to be sent by post. There is no possibility of that since I am abroad.
Is there any way to upload the lease through online services?Best regards
Maria

Hi Maria, thanks for the question.  I’m Chris and I’m a Solicitor. I will be happy to assist you and hope to provide a full response as quickly as possible.

This is a question and answer service rather than an instant chat service, and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can.

You can download documents from the Land Registry without having to do it through the post. You have to simply set up and account. I’ll have a look for the link.

The link is here although it is currently down for maintenance!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Chris, I have already downloaded a title register fo £3 from here https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do
Now I need a copy of the lease..
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh, I see I just done it a minute before they've started with their maintenance
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The question is - can an OC2 form be filled out online as opposed to being sent through the post?

No, is the short answer. I could obtain a copy for you from my system (different to the public system). There would be a fee for this. However it might be down for maintenance as well at the moment.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It's not that urgent and surely could be done outside of the maintenance window. What is the fee?
If agreed, please could you send me the title number and address. I’ll obtain it as soon as I can today.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Title number: NGL878752
Address: Kinver House,***** London (N19 4AS)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
One more question. I plan to pay the service charge under protest and challenge it at T1 Tribunal next year. After I've submitted a formal letter of protest with the management company, can I change my mind and not take the case to court?

Yes, you are, in effect, going to be making a pre-action letter to the management company. But you do not have to continue on to make a tribunal claim even if you do threaten to do so.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I mean that next year my personal circumstances may change. I could be abroad or anything else. For now I want to express my disagreement and create an opportunity to defend it in the court
that’s still fine.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'s it for now. I'll be waiting for the lease papers and get back to you guys if I have more questions

Thanks. I’ll come back to you.

Hi Maria,  I have come to get a copy of the lease, but it does not appear to yet be registered.  The application was made for its registration back in January 2021. Does that seem right?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Chris, thanks for getting back to me. No, it doesn't sound right at all. Can you explain the implications of this fact. Does it mean that the current management hasn't got the rights to run and maintain the property?

Did you purchase this recently?  Are you the first owner of this property? Was your solicitor Direction Home (Law) LLP? Have you got the register that you downloaded so that I can take a look at it?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I purchased it in 2010 directly from the Development company. Meaning I am the 1st owner. It's a flat in a 4storey building. I will send register a copy as plain text in the new message. I can't see how to attach a file here
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please let me know how to attach a file? It doesn't fit!

You can send it to***@******.*** if it doesn't fit.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Done. Sender: Maria Canas
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
subject: register NGL878752

You will see from the register that the owner of the property is the Housing Association.  Have you got a flat number?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please explain the need for a flat number?

If I look on the Land registry at Kinver House,***** it is a large building and there are many flats listed eg Flat 53, Flat 63 etc.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You've mentioned the lease is not registered yet. I want to understand the meaning behind it. I am trying to protest against the price of the entryphone system upgrade. And was hoping that the lease agreement will shed light on the "maintenance" vs "improvement" matter
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it's a 4storey building, and I am one of the leaseholders. I can't see the relevance of the flat number question?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The management company runs maintenance for the whole building. They split the charges between all leaseholders

I can’t find the lease because I don’t have your flat number. The register you gave me is in the name of the Housing Association. I therefore need to find the register for your specific property so it will give me the title number under which to find your lease.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that means the register is not right? I put my flat number down in that request, and that's what it came up with

No, that’s the register for the whole block. Your flat will have a different title in its own right. That title will contain the lease information that I can obtain a copy of. What’s the flat number?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
44

Thanks.  However, as there is an application still waiting to go through (not in relation to your flat) the document is not available to be viewed.  Seeing as that is stuck there since January, I don't know when it will complete.  Unfortunately, this is the problem with the Land Registry some times.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What are my options then?

You can try getting a copy from the managing agent. They should have a copy. Or get a copy of one of your neighbours leases (for their property from them) as it will no doubt be a mirror of your lease. As you are only wanting to check the terms of it, that should assist.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can you send me the copy when it becomes available? Since I paid for the service
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don't have access to the neighbour's copy of the agreement...

Of course, although I can’t guarantee when that will be. The registration the time waiting on has been at the land registry since

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
In fact, since I need a deeper understanding of the subject can you please explain the relationship between Land Proprietor and the managing agent?

This question and answer session has now been dealt with in accordance with the original question and clarifications. Could you submit another question for me at my profile so that I can deal with this new question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay, coming back to the original question: can I have your contact details - I will be reminding you to check with the land registry on the availability of the lease contract

Yes, you can email me on the email address previously supplied.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
You appear to be offline in your profile. Nice way to conclude!! :))
Thank you for your help today and I hope the land registry report will be available soon

No sure why, as I’m here! If you send the message it should come through.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Since you were offline on your profile page, the request was re-directed to someone else! No problem

Ok. Thanks.