ChrisB4147
ChrisB4147,
Experience:  Expert
112350272

How do I know if there is a restriction order on my

how do I know if there is a restriction order on my property
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London - England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None yet to find out if there is any
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not at the moment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thanks for the question.  I’m Chris and I’m a Solicitor in litigation/family matters. I will be happy to assist you and hope to provide a full response as quickly as possible.

This is a question and answer service rather than an instant chat service, and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Who do you think has put a restriction on your property? You can obtain a copy of your title register for your property from the Land Registry.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Chris, Many thanks for getting back to me and this may have happened about 10 years ago and could be a credit card company or financial institution. The address of the house is***** sydenham, london se26 5ef. Regards Tim
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I do not want a phone chat this is just one of issue I just want answer to as soon as it is possible.

The phone call request is just an automatic pop-up on the website. I am happy to do with it in this forum. You can go to the land registry and obtain a copy of the register yourself. However, I can do this for you albeit there will be a small fee because the land registry charges a fee. As you say, when you get a copy of the register you be able to see what is been registered and their details.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
chris how much will it cost to get the register from the land registry. ?

Could you let me know whether you wish for me to obtain the register as per the offer? If not, as mentioned you can obtain it. I’d like to have a look at it so I can fully answer your question. Thanks.

Hi Tim, Please find the Register attached.

You have four charging order against the property.  You can see these on the attached register at B3-B7 (B3&B4 relate to the same matter, it is just they have also registered the final charging order - it doesn't make any difference).  All of these will be in relation to various unpaid debts which all appear to be from some form of credit.  This was in 2003, 2010, 2011 & 2015. Interest will be accruing on all of these.  I would suggest that you contact each of the lenders and ask what you owe.  Ultimately, they can't come and look to repossess your property as they are only in your name and you and  Priscilla are registered as owners.  If the property comes to be sold, these will all be paid from the proceeds.

There is little that you can do about the charging orders now.  It would be almost impossible to set them aside.  If the most recent one is 6 years old.  I would unfortunately say they are what they are now and need to be dealt with.  I appreciate that the unknown of the value of these charges will be of concern.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking? If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Otherwise, thank you for using JustAnswer. All the best and hope the matter gets resolved.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
chris is there any way you can help to resolve the problem in terms of negotiating to see how much I can pay them if the property is sold may be by end of this year.

I can't act for you, as this is not the service that we offer.  However, you can certainly negociate with these companies and see what they can do.  However, you will need to know the starting figure.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi chris, Thanks for your help and now am in contact with the credit companies and gradually we are sorting out something.

That’s great to hear.