SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have given my residential tenant 6 months notice from 9th

I have given my residential tenant 6 months notice from 9th April 2021.After the 21st of June when restrictions may be lifted can I revert to giving them 1 months notice
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have served notice via the estate agent handling the rental
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Cheswick green in Solihull West Midlands
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i gave her an incentive of £2000 if she could move before end of June but she hasn’t taken up my offer yet.I will soon be in a situation of having to move out of where I am living with my partner as we have split up,he is letting me stay on at the moment.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. If the government decides not to extend the end of May deadline for six months notice (no one knows yet), then you are entitled to revert to the normal procedures if they come back into force, or you will need to abide by whatever other procedures the government put in place. It may be possible that it will go down to three months, remain at six months, or it may go back to the normal status...whichever is in force will be what you are entitled to use, even if you have already served an earlier six months notice, you will be able to serve a new one if you wish.

However, the notice period for a landlord in normal times is two months, not one.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.