How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 15802
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Iam on the fair rents register and my landlord has indicated

This answer was rated:

Iam on the fair rents register and my landlord has indicated we should move out for improvements. We have spent thousands on renovations ourselves and are both senior citizens. We do not wish to move. What can we do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Generally good
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Landlord to carry out structural, plumbing and electrics. Tenant interior decorating.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What kind of tenancy agreement do you have?

INC Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Leasehold expired 1980s I think terms and conditions still apply



We have now spoken. Good luck