INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Iam on the fair rents register and my landlord has indicated

Iam on the fair rents register and my landlord has indicated we should move out for improvements. We have spent thousands on renovations ourselves and are both senior citizens. We do not wish to move. What can we do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Generally good
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Landlord to carry out structural, plumbing and electrics. Tenant interior decorating.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What kind of tenancy agreement do you have?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Leasehold expired 1980s I think terms and conditions still apply

We have now spoken. Good luck