Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

I am completing a TR1 land registry form, and would like

Hi, I am completing a TR1 land registry form, and would like some advice
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have got the ID forms completed by another solicitor. I have not sent the TR1 form to land registry yet
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I live in Denmark. The transfer relates to a divorce in Denmark. I would like to know what to fill in box 8 of the TR1 form
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The property is held in joint names with my wife and does not have a mortgage. (box 4) tranferor: should this state both our names? or just my ex-wife?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
box 8 consideration: should I tick the first box, and entity half the property value? or tick the second box, ie it is a gift?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Finally should the divorce be mentioned somewhere on the form?

Good afternoon

As the property is currently held in your joint names, box 4 for the Transferor should include both of your names.

Box 8, yes tick the first box - what has been agreed for you to receive for your share of the property?

The divorce does not need to be mentioned unless the transfer is persuant to a Court Order.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the fast response. I will takeover this property in England, my wife will take over a property in Denmark. The equity value of the house in Denmark is similar to the value of the house in England, so no money is actually being paid or moved as part of the divorce. Therefore I was not sure whether I need to use the first or second box in section 8.

I see, in which case you would tick box 2 in panel 8.