How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7870
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My shorthold tenancy agreement is signed by the wife of my

This answer was rated:

my shorthold tenancy agreement is signed by the wife of my landlord. i have only ever (10 years) dealt with him. he now wants to serve notice. if it is his signature on the eviction notice does this invalidate it? i understand he should have power of attorney (can i demand to see evidence?)


I am a solicitor.

The notice may be signed by your landlord or on behalf of your landlord by an authorised representative.

You may request to see evidence of authority, but they may refuse to show you such evidence.

Also, you do not need to vacate the property by the date specified in the eviction notice, your landlord would still need to go to court for a possession order against you.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
do i need to tell him i am not moving out by the stated date?

That is up to you.

He cannot evict you without a court order and you may call the Police if he tries to.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.