UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My shorthold tenancy agreement is signed by the wife of my

my shorthold tenancy agreement is signed by the wife of my landlord. i have only ever (10 years) dealt with him. he now wants to serve notice. if it is his signature on the eviction notice does this invalidate it? i understand he should have power of attorney (can i demand to see evidence?)

I am a solicitor.

The notice may be signed by your landlord or on behalf of your landlord by an authorised representative.

You may request to see evidence of authority, but they may refuse to show you such evidence.

Also, you do not need to vacate the property by the date specified in the eviction notice, your landlord would still need to go to court for a possession order against you.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
do i need to tell him i am not moving out by the stated date?

That is up to you.

He cannot evict you without a court order and you may call the Police if he tries to.

All the best

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks