How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2727
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Neighbour telling stories about me and my wife which are not

This answer was rated:

Neighbour telling stories about me and my wife which are not true , having my car damaged by Neighbour, me , my wife and both children been threatened by Neighbour, good neighbour start recording to prove its not us
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Police not interested not even when they where spotted cutting rear brake hoses . Council not getting involved as they say its a minor dispute
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Southampton next door
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just need help where to go with this , thankyou.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Since the police are unable to assist at the moment I suggest you apply to the local county court for a civil injunction. This is a court remedy that orders the them to stop such conduct and failing to do so can amount to a criminal offence.

However, before you do this, send the neighbour a cease and desist letter to warn them of your intentions unless they stop.

Please give the neighbour 14 days to stop the conduct.

You can obtain a “cease and desist” letter template from That said you can a draft letter by your self too but ensure you make it known it is a cease and desist letter and they stop the conduct(ensure you spell out the conduct too) in question. Further it will be wise to remind them that their conduct falls within the definition given within Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which is as unwanted conduct designed to cause the victim alarm or distress”. Hopefully the letter may well be enough to stop the conduct as an injunction is a serious legal remedy.

Assuming the conduct continues after you send the letter then it would be up to you whether you want to apply for the injunction. My advice is to instruct a local solicitor to assist you with completing the relevant forms. Alternatively you can return to JA and open a new question and i or one of the other experts can assist you with regards ***** ***** the relevant forms.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Anthony Chendo and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you that was almost the same response I'm getting . So they can damage my car , make our lives hell accuse my son of being abusive when he got witness to prove not him but still got police report . I'm at the lowest point of this and need the right help. They can make stories up about anything and they get help , we don't make stories up and don't get anywhere


Thanks for the further information.

I suggest you consider the steps provided as this may stop the ongoing matter which has obviously distressed you.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe