UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

2019 I attended a property seminar of which at the end of

good evening. 2019 I attended a property seminar of which at the end of the day registration with the estate agent was offered to join the become a registered member so that the person will be among the first to get the properties and discount available. Usually according to the company to join is £1,500. However, that very day it was reduced to £975 of which I took the offer. I was assigned a sales assistance who went through the documents with me. He explained that I have 14day cooling off period of which if I change my mind I will get my refund in full. Of which I called him that I have changed my mind because the price of property advertised by the company was too much for me as to get a mortgage may be difficult. that was within the cooling off period. I waited for a while I did not hear from him. I sent emails which I received reply from another perso who stated that he is no longer with the company. I sent email requested for the refund with invoice reference he gave me. I got a reply that because he did not communicate with me via email there was no evidence to show that I pulled out during the cooling off period. Since 2019 it has been marathons of emails. One day I found his mobile number which I was thinking may be his working number and he answered. He confirmed that he is no longer with the company. I narrated to him what has been going on. He sent me a message via Whatsapp that I pulled out before cooling off period, that I should not allow them to intermediate me, is my money I should demand for it. Since then till date I have not been refunded
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Bromley London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted them many times since 2019
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

I am a solicitor and will assist you today.

Sorry to hear this. How did you pay this money?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
With my debit card
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No it will cost me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No phone call please

We do not need to speak on the phone.

You may contact your bank and explain what happened and see if they are able to do a chargeback and refund you your money.

Otherwise you may file a claim in the small claims court against the company online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

May I help further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok. Thanks. I will try and contact my back first. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

All the best