How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4459
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

We have a HK property which we would like to sell in coming

This answer was rated:

We have a HK property which we would like to sell in coming 3 months, but owners are in the UK and could not fly back to HK to proceed. Is there any possible way for the owners to e.g. sign documents with solicitor both certified in HK/UK and proceed the transaction?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If the owners are saying that they cannot fly to HK because of covid19 travel restrictions in the UK, then they are incorrect. Travel is permitted if it is to deal with property transactions etc. That is one of the current exemptions to allow for overseas travel.

If they do not what to travel, then it should be possible to arrange a power of attorney and sign documents to allow a lawyer in either country to act on their behalf.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi James, thanks for the prompt answer, the property owners are my parents, and yes they do not wish to fly back to HK under multiple considerations. We do not have a potential buyer yet, just would like to check the feasibility of doing so. Do you think you would be able to act on their behalf to proceed, and if that is the case what would be the quotation and procedure? Or, could you advise how we can find a suitable law firm to do this. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I would not be able to act for them.

Unfortunately I do not recommend any particular firm. But any good conveying firm could arrange and deal with this.

I have attached a ling to the Law society where you would be Abel to make a search for a firm.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 4 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you