How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 8376
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My Father died in 2007 and no will was found except one made

This answer was rated:

My Father died in 2007 and no will was found except one made a year into the marriage leaving everything to my Mother. She has now inherited a substantial sum of money and properties. My Mother is now in poor health and i have reason to believe she will not leave me anything but plans to leave all to my eldest brother or to divide it among my siblings .Is there anything i can do about this? I know it would be contrary to my late Fathers wishes. Sincerely ***** *****
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: The family resides in N Ireland and the property is in the Republic of Ireland
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There is nothing I think would be helpful

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

So to be clear that in essence, your mother inherited everything from your father and may not leave anything to you and you want to know if she can do that or you can challenge it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is an accurate assessment of the situation.

Thank you for confirming so sadly no, if your mother leaves everything to your siblings but not to you in her will she can do that and in essence realistically you cannot challenge this, certainly not on the basis of it being against your fathers wishes. I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you