MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

My mother and her husband have mirror wills. My mother left

Customer Question

My mother and her husband have mirror wills. My mother left her half of their park home in her will, now her husband has moved into a care home so myself and his daughter are going to sell the home. My qu
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: The daughter has changed the front door lock and is refusing to give me a key, can she do this? She doesn't have power of eternity
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: On a residential site in Leyland lancs
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have my mother's will and the paper work that says my mother and her husband own the home equally
Expert:  MarianC replied 22 days ago.

Good morning thank you for your question. As your mother's legal representative (I assumw you are?) you have legal rights of access to the home. I appreciate that perhaps her father still has private belongings in there but she has no right to exclude you.

Marian

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
what can I do, Could I get the lock changed myself and give her a key?
Expert:  MarianC replied 22 days ago.

Are you not able to discuss it with her?

Expert:  MarianC replied 22 days ago.

Good morning can I help further?

Expert:  MarianC replied 21 days ago.

Do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  MarianC replied 21 days ago.

thank you, ***** ***** said you are also a legal owner with rights of access, if you could discuss this first perhaps?