Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I've just started a Realestate agency in uk and I would like

Customer Question

Hello, I've just started a Realestate agency in uk and I would like to ask some questions
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing reqlly
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hello, I started a Realestate agency in uk, I registered all paperwork as Ltd company with company house. I wanted to understand what is the next step for me to start practicing business In uk
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Keeping in mind it's a Realestate agency for residential selling and letting
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'll wait
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I just want to know what are the steps of starting Realestate agency after obtaining the insurance and redress scheme
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
if there's any contract template for selling and letting residential properties
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
after selling /letting is the Realestate agency responsible for transferring the ownership or registering the tenancy contract with the authority or its the buyer/tenant responsibility
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Waiting for answers, thank you
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

Here is a very simple guide on setting up an estate agency: https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/knowledge/articles/2021/05/how-to-set-up-an-estate-agency-a-guide/

There are calls for estate agents to be regulated as you will read here: https://www.propertymark.co.uk/working-in-the-industry/regulation-of-property-agents.aspx

But it has not happened yet.  It will eventually.

You do however have to do belong to a redress scheme as you will read here: https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/sector-specific-law/estate-agent-legal-issues

And you must comply with all the requirements of the Estate Agents Act.

You would be well advised to contact your local Trading Standards at a very early stage because they would rather engage with new businesses to make sure that they are fully compliant, at an early stage, rather than have to go visit them later on.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have