How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 19453
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I applied for a court case to be set aside after receiving

Customer Question

I applied for a court case to be set aside after receiving the default judgement (i didn't receive the claim package when claimant raised the case against me at the first place).During the hearing, the judge has decided not to set the case aside.My question is if i make the payment in full within 30 days, can CCJ still be removed? Or the 30 days is from the original default judgement.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

Its bad news I am afraid, it is 30 days from date of the original Judgment.

Its not 30 days from the date of the set aside hearing.

Once you have paid, the Claimant may agree by consent to set the CCJ aside.

But the Court fee for that application is £100 on the papers.

But the time is ticking from the date the original judgment was entered.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks for your answer, is there anything else i could to to remove the CCJ, considering that i only discovered the default jedgement after 30 days it has been issued.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

Only if the claimant consents. I am sorry.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thanks Jamie. One last question, do you have the instructions on how to request CCJ marked as satisfied once i paid in full. I might have to chase creditor or court on that I guess.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

Yes you just get a certificate of satisfaction sent to the Court

I hope that helps.