Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am in the process of buying a retirement/leisure park home

Hi Pearl. I am in the process of buying a retirement/leisure park home at the Essex Golf and Country Club. I have paid a deposit of £5K and two further instalments of £70k making a total of £140k so far to meet the final price of £199k. I have cancelled a bridging loan as this was proving too costly and very slow. It would have impacted on the sale of my home which is going through local solicitors quite smoothly. I just need to sign my draft contract in readiness for exchange. Because of COVID etc I am unable to give the EGCC a final date for completion. They are harassing me for the final payment now. I receive call nearly every day asking for the balance as they are not prepared to wait for the sale of my present home. Please kindly advise me as to my purchase rights and how to progress. Having paid such a large sum 60% of the value of the lodge am I in a strong legal position? How can I defend myself from their financial dept and demands.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have signed a licence agreement which they say has run out and I need to sign a new one. I have not used the services of a solicitor at this stage as they said it would be straight forward transaction
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I have not. I thought I would try online first to see where I stand.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. I have asked for a receipt for the money paid so far and as yet after 10 working days I have had nothing. I cancelled a bridging loan which would have paid the balance.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will wait for your answer by email . Please search for a professional. HPMorgan
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

In your agreement with the club did you have a completion date?

If your agreement with the club included a completion date the you needed to complete by then or be in breach of contract. If not then you can point out there was no completion date and continue to delay for now but you need to really get the extra money together you need. I trust this assists

Let me know if you have further queries

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney