Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Lawry, This is linked to my previous correspondence with

Customer Question

Hi Lawry, This is linked to my previous correspondence with you. I just got this response from our letting agent. How should i proceed? as it's wrong what they're doing and i really want to reach a fair solution.
Dear Wayne and Fabien,Thank you for your email. As you can see from the tenancy agreement you have signed we will feel these are responsible costs. If you have a date in which you would like to move by then I would be happy to talk with the landlord to see if they would like there to be flexibility in the fees but I would suggest you be sure about moving out before I do so.I would be happy to discuss you surrendering your tenancy over the phone if you wished so to understand your reasons for leaving.I feel these costs are fair considering the landlord pays us for the duration of your tenancy and therefore we need to cover the landlord's costs if you wish to surrender the tenancy earlier than the fixed term.Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.Thanks
WayneI want to avoid a phone conversation as i want to have everything in writing
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

So am I right in thinking that in essence you are leaving your tenancy early breaking your lease and the landlord via their agent wants you to pay the cost of the agents fees for the duration of what was meant to be the term of the lease which you object too? Do you have a break clause which enables you to give notice and leave early or are you in breach of the lease?

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

It is typical for a landlord to want their agents fees paid when you are leaving early in breach of the lease and far better than having to pay for the rent of the remainder of the term. I trust this assists

Let me know if you have follow up queries