ChrisB4147
ChrisB4147,
Experience:  Expert
112350272

We are a block of 6 shared freehold flats with garages. One

Customer Question

Good Morning, We are a block of 6 shared freehold flats with garages. One owner wishes to sell his flat but retain ownership of the garage. The Management company is currently 120 shares divided 20 per owner.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing so far, the vendors solicitor is requesting a letter approving the change
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: the freehold is held by the management company which is solely owned by the shareholders
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Currently the maintenance of the garages is the responsibility of the individual owners
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please , to keeping the question open. Hopefully you will have an answer soon
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 16 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please - not very impressed so far. Doesn't quite match the advert
Expert:  ChrisB4147 replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thanks for the question.  Sorry it’s taken a while for your question to be allocated. I’m Chris and I’m a Solicitor. I will be happy to assist you and hope to provide a full response as quickly as possible.

This is a question and answer service rather than an instant chat service, and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for setting out the position. Could you just clarify what the question is?

Expert:  ChrisB4147 replied 12 days ago.

I’m just following up on the above. Without some further information is difficult for me to give a specific answer. However, I’ll give a broad answer in the hope that it helps.

I am working on the assumption that the question is whether you can go ahead in the scenario provided. There is no issue with splitting the title which sounds as though would have to happen. It would be around to be straightforward process although much more involved of course than just simply selling the flat and garage which may well come under one title number. However, it does get more complicated in that you’re going to have an additional owner which will need  have to have a share in the management company. This will mean issuing additional shares so you’ll have to comply with the articles of association and deal with it in the way that it is set out therein.

Before any agreement is made on the letter produced as requested by the solicitor. Suggest that you come as a management company, considered the way that the extra shares are going to be dealt with in line with the articles. You may also wish to charge The current owner for issuing the letter.

I hope the above is of assistance. If you have any specific point to wish for me to address, please don’t hesitate to contact me again. All the best.