Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Our parents' home has been let out for 6 months of the year,

Our parents' home has been let out for 6 months of the year, while we v'e used it the other half..
We now have to sell it.The last tenancy started in July, and we wanted to end it after 2 6 month periods, but some Corona legislation has added a further 4 months from June 1..
We had asked 2 agents it to value it last week, and to tell the tenant that we needed to enter the property to clear out a 3rd
bedroom, (not part of her tenancy), for which we apologized for any inconvenience.
The tenant replied by saying she would only allow us 30 minutes under supervision of the letting agent to clear the room,
and that she would not allow any agents to enter the property.
She cited a Corona 2020 regulation that stated her right for quiet enjoyment of the property. However the same act sets out the landlord's rights for the purpose of selling the property, with notice given in writing,and there is a clause F2 which mentions a 3 month break clause, i.e. from late July?
Can you clarify?.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

In terms of access she cannot refuse you access and the legislation does not prevent access for legitimate purposes. In terms of notice from 01 June notice periods are 4 months and from 01 August 2021, two months notice.

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney